Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I remember when rock was young, me and Susie had so much fun...

Well, actually, I wasn't really around when rock was young. But I do remember earlier this week when I was driving down Federal (a street here in FtL) and Elton John's Crocodile Rock came on the radio. And, thanks to this episode of The Muppet Show, every time I hear the song, I am reminded of the muppet crocodiles in the sketch (video of it here). Ahh... nostalgia.

Speaking of nostalgia, another song that's been stuck in my head of late, L'Accordéoniste by Edith Piaf, led me to find this clip of Piaf singing on the Ed Sullivan Show (a second song called Milord, which I also like). And all this because I saw a movie about Piaf's life this summer...


La... la-la-la-la-la...
La-la-la-la-la... la-la-la-la-la...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what's better there -- Elton conducting the crocodiles, or his mirrored swimming cap.

Man I miss that show...