Sunday, July 01, 2007

Je vois la vie en rose

J'ai eu un week-end du film de français. Yep, a decidedly French-film weekend.

Yesterday in the early afternoon, I walked over to my neighborhood movie theater to catch La Vie en Rose--not really remembering why I wanted to see it, just that I wanted to. But I was not disappointed, as it is quite good. The movie is a bio-pic of the life of Edith Piaf, the original singer/writer of the song of the same name (you may not know it by name, but you've probably heard it).

Post movie, I returned home, arriving maybe 10 minutes before a heavy downpour started, complete with lightning over. This led me to stay in for the most of the afternoon. In the early evening, I made a brief excursion to Target where I got followed from the back of the store all the way out into the parking lot by a crying 4-year-old named Michael who was distraught about not getting a toy (and who decided to blindly run through the parking lot to get back into the store, and somehow managed to avoid any cars/traffic. He didn't make it back into the store, but did scare his mother half to death and earned a severe back-of-the-shirt grab to halt him in mid-street-cross dash).

As for today, I awoke at 12:30, which was rather surprising given that I didn't go to bed all that late (though which I'm actually kinda glad I did sleep that long). Upon waking up, a field trip to Boca occurred where some friends went to help me look for some light-weight clothes for Uganda and then we saw Ratatouille. All-in-all, a pleasant day.

Quand il me prend dans ses bras,
Il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en rose

No comments: