Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Does your momma know that you're out?

Over the past weekend I was in Cocoa for a Masters meet, which went ok. It was about par for what has been happening: not great, but not disastrous, either... but I have left Cocoa in a much better mood than my previous encounter with it. (Which was on my move down here, and driving around semi-lost for 30 minutes trying to find a restaurant to eat at, while starving. And finally getting fed up to the point where I purposely left town just to get out of Dodge. Ironically, I ate at a restaurant right near where the critical point happend during the move: where I sat through 3 stop light cycles waiting for a left turn arrow, before finally running the light.)

But, in any case, now I have at least... 5 reasons to like Cocoa:

  • averaging 43 miles per gallon on the drive up;
  • Blue Bell ice cream in the grocery store;
  • Sonic (can't really beat a slushee and tots);
  • being able to justifiably name your meet the "Hot Cocoa" meet... (and it was rather warm both days, though luckily the water wasn't too bad)
  • close enough to get back in time to see Mamma Mia! (of course, know I have ABBA stuck in my head...)

Well I can dance with you honey
If you think it's funny
Does your mother know that you're out?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot Cocoa! Now I've heard everything :-)

mph