Sunday, April 20, 2008

Been running so hard, when what I need is to unwind
The voice of reason is one I've left so far behind

I had planned to try to do my second test drives this weekend of the 5 cars remaining in my search (Dodge Caliber, Honda Civic Hybrid, Hyundai Tiburon, Volkswagen Jetta, and Volvo C30). This plan seems to be at odds to my life this weekend, however.

Earlier in the week, I had planned to do most of this Saturday, but going into the weekend knew this wouldn't work (given that I was to swim, then head to a movie right after, then head to a barbecue after that). So, I attempted to do one of the drives on Friday night, heading up to a Honda dealer that's having a sale this weekend after practice on Friday night with one of the other Masters swimmers. We left the pool around 7:45 p.m. and got to the dealer about 15 minutes before they closed (8:45). This was only to find out that they were out of the Civic Hybrids, so we couldn't do the test drive--i.e. all for naught. So we ate on the way back, and went home.

On Saturday, the movie plan fell through (nothing really out at the moment that we wanted to see, and the timing didn't work--practice ended at 10; we had places to be at 1 and 2 p.m.), and I was left with a 2 hour time block that wasn't really enough time to do a drive. So I bummed around, and headed to the BBQ--to which I got, after playing in some random traffic. Then I ended up staying with the BBQ crowd until 11:30 p.m. (we were at the beach until 5 p.m., then went to a restaurant for drinks, then a quick jaunt to our respective houses to shower, and then watched Finding Nemo). So, I got to bed at midnight, and no test drives...

But hopefully, if I don't waste too much time today, I can get a few done today before I this evening's plans... Course I should probably figure out if I should head to Palm Beach to try to hit another Honda sale that's going on up there...

As a side note, while home for the shower yesterday, I added to my iTunes songs by 2 bands (Tears for Fears and the Go-Go's) who both have a song entitled "Head Over Heels" --which seems apropos (the Go-Go's version is today's subject...).

Alright, I'm off to test drive... hasta.

Head over heels, where should I go?
Can't stop myself, out of control
Head over heels, no time to think
It's like the whole world's out of sync

No comments: