Thursday, August 27, 2009

And just tell me why nothing is good enough

I sit at the airport, awaiting a flight to San Antonio, via Houston. And while I recover from a rather rapid jaunt from the office to the airport--so that I could catch this flight (luckily traffic was light both on the road and in the security line)--a brief comment. As I mentioned earlier this week, the September issue of Wired has an article about wanting to update craigslists with "useful" features that in my mind would only serve to bog it down. (That author also seemed perplexed as to how the site was so popular without any of those "useful" features.)

Rather ironically, following the craiglslist article in the same issue is one entitled:
The Good Enough Revolution: When Cheap and Simple Is Just Fine
which, in addition to fitting right-up-the-alley part of my boss's philosophy, seems to explain why craigslist works and is successful.

Maybe the author of the second article should speak to the first. And perhaps the Wired editor is having some fun with juxtaposition....


So don't tell me why he's never been good to you
Don't tell me why he's never been there for you
Don't you know that why is simply not good enough

No comments: