Monday, October 24, 2005

Don't know why there's no sun up in the sky, stormy weather...

I woke up this morning at 6:30, turned on the Weather Channel, saw that Hurricane Wilma was about to come ashore, and went back to sleep. (I'd woken up in case I needed to go in to work. The storm's presence made me realize/think I didn't need to do so. By 8:00 a.m. I was awoken by the start of the storm arriving... no boards over windows so I could see breezes, etc.)

Luckily, Wilma moved over Florida rapidly (unlike the Yucatán), and was offshore by late afternoon. The image at left is probably from 10 a.m. or so (Tropical Storm Alpha, which later merged into Wilma, is on the right side).

There's a animated radar image of Wilma here, if you're interested (it's just of part of it's trip over Florida).

Can't go on
Everything I had is gone, stormy weather
Since my man and I ain't together
Keeps raining all the time
Keeps raining all of the time

No comments: