Friday, October 21, 2005

I don't want to be the one the battles always choose

My second week of work has finished, I've managed to swim a couple times this week (thanks to finding a Masters team to train with), and Hurricane Wilma looms for a visit (albeit over the Yucatán at the moment)...

Overall, things go alright, although I've not even started looking for a place to row yet--it's just been kind of too crazy at the moment to do so. Actually, it's really that I deeply, deeply miss (and am in morning) from being away from my crew in Austin... yeah.

Otherwise, I'm still not really used to driving around Fort Lauderdale: the lights are rather (ridiculously) frustrating, and amazingly worse than Austin (at least there you don't miss every light; you do have to sit forever though). Work goes alright, although I'm not quite sure I've completely adjusted to being employed full-time (given that I was working part-time for, what, 2 years). But the workload is ok. My workload basically double at the end of the week, but I'm slowly getting to it and through it.

So what does the weekend hold? Well, Wilma's not supposed to hit fully until Monday/Tuesday, but we'll have rain all weekend (we actually started getting the outer-outer-outer bands of rain on Wednesday night). Even so, I'm gonna try to swim tomorrow morning, maybe check out a monster furniture sale tomorrow, and possibly see Elizabethtown (since I've seen Serenity and Wallace & Gromit since my arrival--both were enjoyable, if you're wondering).

Hasta...

No comments: