Monday, February 01, 2010

Another day, just breathe

The past weekend went rather well. Highlighting it were two things:

1. I made it to the Fort Lauderdale Museum of Art to see a Norman Rockwell exhibit there. The exhibit is in its second-to-last weekend, but wasn't too crowded (thankfully). Among the items in the exhibit were many of his paintings--including No Swimming [pictured at right] as well as Lincoln for the Defense--and a wall with the 300+ covers Rockwell did for the Saturday Evening Post.


2. A field trip to Fuddruckers.
I had been under the impression that all the Fuddruckers within driving distance of where I live had closed. However this is not the case. There were two locations that have closed: one less than a mile from my condo closed just before I moved to Lauderdale; and the next nearest location (about a 10 miles away) closed about a year-and-a-half later. So for the past 2 years or so, I thought there weren't any in South Florida. However, while in Pittsburgh in January, I found out two locations are still present in Miami-Dade County. And after a semi-indirect trip to it (taking about 2 hours), my friend and I found the closer one in Pembroke Pines (it took about 30 minutes to get back from it).

So all-in-all a good weekend. The weather was even nice: sunny and not cold.


Another day, just believe

No comments: