Saturday, March 11, 2006

I wish I was in Tijuana--eating barbequed iguana

So, I'm sitting in Bennigan's this afternoon, finishing up lunch, when over the piped-in 80's music comes Wall of Voodoo's "Mexican Radio".

Ever had a song that can just take you back somewhere? Mexican Radio is one of the songs that can do that for me... back to 2 weeks spent in a training camp in Colorado Springs, and the incessant need of Harvey, one of the coaches on the trip, to play the song--burning it into my mind, and probably the rest of the group there.

A good memory, and a good one to have after this morning, when I mistook "parking issue" to mean there might just be competition for parking rather than their would be no parking.

Oh well... time to work on the tax return.


I dial it in and tune the station
They talk about the U.S. inflation
I understand just a little
No comprende, it's a riddle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet parking in Ft L this week is pretty competitive--given Spring Break! and all.

Wish I were on one :-)

mph