Friday, April 14, 2006

But I've drawn the conclusion, it's all an illusion

Things here have been rather busy. My meeting in San Antonio last weekend went well, even got to visit with my mom and step-dad. AND, I got to make them watch Crash, which they apparently really liked, because my mom watched it a second time last weekend. As she hardly ever makes active effort to watch a specific movie, this was an unheard of event--usually she passively selects what's on TV.

As for the week, nothing exciting to report, although the office closed at 1 p.m. today (for Good Friday), so I've cleared a little more free time. Doesn't make up for the fact that I'm missing Fiesta, which begins next week, but it does help that I've already done my taxes and gotten my return back before Monday's deadline...


The only other thing of note is that recently (post-Wilma and post-a r.v. parking on some train tracks and later getting hit) "warning" lights have been installed on one of the train tracks that I cross getting into work.

The irony of it is 2-fold:

1. People are used to seeing the railroad trax warning lights--which look EXACTLY like the railroad crossing lights except the lights are yellow instead of red--and consequently I see people stop at the fairly frequently.

2. The warning lights are actually blocking the sign that says to not stop on the tracks...

It just seems kinda pointless in some respects (like airport security).


But I've drawn a conclusion, it's all an illusion
Confusion's the name of the game
A misconception, a mass deception
Somethin's gotta change

Don't be offend this is all my opinion
Ain't nothin' that I'm sayin's law
This is a true confession of a life-learned lesson
I was sent here to share wit y'all


Have a good Friday.

No comments: