Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I'm as corny as Kansas in August

Last night, as I went to bed, I committed myself to waking up this morning and swimming--if I hadn’t of made that commitment last night, I would’ve talked myself out of going in the morning.

To enable the early morning wake up (4:30), I attempt to get to bed early, not succeeding too well—10:50. Then, some time later, I wake up, and swear it’s time to get up. But I’m so tired, that I want to go back to sleep. So I sit on the edge of my bed for about 2 minutes, trying to convince myself I need to get off the bed. Then, I check the clock again. It was 1:30; I still had 3 hours to sleep! So I went back to bed :)

I did get up and swim, go to work, swim again, dodging some visiting synchronized swimmers, and came home to watch Alias (after a brief chat with KC--I hope wts went well). And then after watching Sydney, I was flipping through, and Reba was doing South Pacific on PBS! (with Alec Baldwin and some others).

So I’m chilling watching Reba singing about washing a man out of her hair (eventhough Jarret thinks it’s lame), relishing the fact that I won the battle with my bed this morning... and that I’ll get to sleep in tomorrow.


I'm as corny as Kansas in August
I'm as normal as blueberry pie

1 comment:

jarret said...

very lame!