Saturday, April 29, 2006

How stupid could I be, a simpleton could see...

At the moment, I’m on my way to Atlanta. More precisely, I’m flying from Charlotte to Atlanta on a rather small plane. I wouldn’t call it a “crop-duster”, as there are 4 seats per row, and there are no prop engines... but the seats are close enough together that my knees are in the back of the seat in front of me without that seat being reclined.

The interesting part of this, is that I should already be in Atlanta. But, earlier, I missed my connecting flight in Charlotte, and consequently got to spend a little more time in North Carolina.

All of which I blame on the fact that the Charlotte airport has a very nice, mall-like (to borrow a description from Heidi) "terminal" between it’s various gate concourses, non of which had a clock that I saw. The other contributing factor was that I was compelled to eat whilst there, and stupidly ate far away from my connecting flight’s gate.

So by the time I’d eaten quickly and gotten back to the gate, it was 5 minutes before my flight was to departure (which was 10 minutes earlier than I thought it was leaving), and the flight had already closed. Interestingly, the gate agent was nowhere to be seen, but even worse was that the plane was still there: I just didn’t have a way to get on it.

So, now I’m in the air, instead of on the ground. Added to this is the fact that for the second trip in a row, I managed to bring my music player (last time discman and CDs, this time my iPod) but left my headphones behind.

It’s lucky that what I’m headed to Atlanta for isn’t until tomorrow…

And just to be completely random, there is an interesting quirk to my reading Dracula. As I pretty much now the general idea of the story, I’m at a huge advantage to those who don’t/didn’t upon reading it—like when it first came out. The uncertainty of the culprit of what is going on, and the signs Stoker leaves in the book, are mostly lost on me for I feel I already know their cause. The book is still good, particularly the way it depicts science. Also interesting is the fact that the garlic in the book is the flower… not the clove.

Well, I must jet, as the jet I’m on is landing so I must turn off the laptop. Hasta…


How stupid could I be
A simpleton could see
That you’re not good for me
But you’re the only one I see…

No comments: