Saturday, September 22, 2007

Nothing's gonna change my world, nothing's gonna change my world...


I'm headed back out to California this morning... ahh the fun of early morning flights.



I grabbed a cab to the airport this morning, and in my semi-paranoia about arriving on time, I managed to get to the airport 2 hours before my flight. Things weren't helped by the taxi arriving around 10-15 minutes early (at 5:50 a.m. instead of 6), so I will blame it all on that.

As for the funky picture above, it's of Eddie Izzard and his (small) role in the movie Across the Universe, which I saw last night (helping procrastinate my packing).

In the movie, Izzard plays Mr. Kite, which given how it's presented in the film I thought the song was from the Beatles Yellow Submarine album (it's really from Sgt. Pepper's... though). The movie was nice: I didn't really want/intend to see it, but did enjoy the Beatles-song laden musical (that it is). That Bono has a brief cameo--singing "I am the Walrus"--didn't really hurt either, nor the fact that it reminded me of Fiona Apple's cover of Across....

But anyways, as I mentioned earlier, I'm headed back across the country to California, for the second time this month. And this trip will wind up the month for me (I get back to Florida on October 1; again, really early in the morning--red-eye flights have that tendency). This trip is to attend USA Swimming's annual meeting in Anaheim--well, actually Garden Grove. The meeting is next week, and who knows: given the general low amount of sleep I've gotten at the meeting in the past, I may be dreaming like that Izzard picture above before my return... (jai guru Deva, om)


Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup
They slither wildly as they slip away across the universe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you don't get any sleep at convention?!? :)