Sunday, September 09, 2007

You just don't argue anymore, you just don't argue, anymore...

[Note: I would've loved to use "Traveling, traveling; leaving logic and reason" from Madonna's Bedtime Story as today's title, but used it March 18, instead.]

"Greetings from American Airlines flight #262, non-stop service from Los Angeles (LAX) to Fort Lauderdale; flight time is approximately 5 hours--"

Er, wait... we've not gotten to that part yet. Instead, just after the plane was boarded, the gate agent (my guess) came on the intercom to let us know that our flight has been delayed until 10:30 p.m. (from 9:10 p.m.) until part of the flight crew can get here.

So, I find myself on the plane, with it sitting at the gate, awaiting a pilot's arrival in an hour-and-a-half (apparently, the pilot didn't know he was flying tonight, and has to drive-in from Las Vegas where he lives--so the rumor goes). Ahhh, the fun of flying.

This makes 2 delays for this trip to San Diego: my bag-soaking 1-hour rain delay in Atlanta on Delta on the way out being the other. These guys are making me appreciate Continental more-and-more with each flight (or at least my luck with them). Although they are playing Fantastic Four 2: Rise of the Silver Surfer...

Oh, and from the "Does this make sense" side, the sign pictured [above] was hanging over the Delta check-in desk in the San Diego Commuter Terminal. Amazing, no? I mean, wow! non-stop flights between San Diego (SAN) and L.A.: I'm so happy that they're not stopping during that 40 minute flight, though I guess it wouldn't be terrible to stop in Orange County--it's near my Dad and sister and I am flying there later this month. It does seems kinda counter-productive though: with any stop, one really could drive from San Diego to LAX quicker than flying...

[and in case you're curious, work's annual event went well--particularly with its last full day being yesterday's 09/08/07; it's also nice that it's done...]


My name is Luka
I live on the second floor
I live upstairs from you
Yes I think you've seen me before

No comments: