Sunday, October 19, 2008

For me and you, my part-time lover

About two weeks ago, Stevie Wonder's Part-Time Lover randomly popped into my head, and took up residence for a day.

I'm still not really sure how it resurfaced in my cluttered brain. I don't recall hearing recently prior to its prevalence in my consciousness. I didn't hear it randomly playing at multiple locations, like I heard Spandau Ballet's True (though I do wish that for a few of these latter occurrences that Mr. Wonder had been on instead). I did actually hear it on the radio about a week after it was in my head, though. All-in-all, strange.

As for the weekend, it goes. Unlike many of the previous weekends, I don't have anything planned to do this weekend, and my mom is off at her 50th high school reunion this weekend, so she isn't available to suggest I do something productive like laundry or clean. Consequently, I'm at a loss as to what to do. I don't really feel like just lazing around, as this tends to cause this notion to surface in my brain that I'm forgetting to do something (like looking for birthday presents for my parents--this weekend lies between their 2 birthdays).

So yesterday, I wandered into work and got caught up on some filing I had to do (excitement, no?). As for today, I'm not sure what I'll get up to... guess I'll just need to wait to find out. (Oh, and the new episode of Eli Stone: good.)


We are undercover passion on the run
Chasing love up against the sun
We are strangers by day, lovers by night
Knowing it's so wrong, but feeling so right

No comments: