Wednesday, November 19, 2008

All shook up...

Ever just have a week start off funky? I can't really pin-point one reason why this week has started off so, well, off, but it has.

Maybe it's because the power went off at my house yesterday morning, right when I was supposed to get out of bed. Consequently I woke up 10 minutes before I was supposed to be at the office, which meant I was 20 minutes late. (The power was still off when I scampered out the door.)

Tagging along from yesterday, this morning I woke up 20 minutes before I was supposed to be at the office. I discovered at 7:40 this morning that I'd set my clock for AM instead of PM when I got home last night. Consequently, my alarm was set to go off 12 hours late.... And then I was only about 5 minutes late to the office (not sure how that happened, particularly since I had to dodge waiting for a freight train this a.m., and then detour around road construction, and massive lines here and there...).

Course, Monday was strange as well, and I've had a bizarrely heavy email week... though hopefully tomorrow will be better. None of this really even gets into the cold weather that's around this week (it's colder here in South Florida than in Southern California at the moment).

Maybe it's all because I'm breezing through these Sookie Stackhouse books my sister sent me (I'm on the 4th one this week...). Hey, Elvis the Vampire is in it... or "Bubba" as he's referred to... which reminds me, I should get back to reading and find out. Hasta


Well please don't ask me what's on my mind
I'm a little mixed up, but I'm feelin' fine

No comments: