Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Everybody wants to rule the world...

I have recently stumbled upon a county-by-county breakdown map of last week's Presidential elections, which I found rather interesting and wanted to share. (Obama is blue, McCain is red, shades of purple mean a blending of the 2.)

More maps available from Mark Newman at the University of Michigan. A flash map of FL was created by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel here. (The link has Florida and county poll results for the President race, Florida's Marriage Amendment--which dishearteningly passed--as well as a few other races.)


In other news, I have safely returned from a weekend trip to Jackson, Mississippi. And while there wasn't exactly a ton of stuff to do outside of the works items I was there for (read: downtown Jackson shuts down when the work week is done, and there was only a couple of episodes of House on t.v. to distract me), I do have some catching up on things back here in FL to work on. As well as I'm trying to not be shocked that the media seems to have suddenly realized Obama's ethnicity (they didn't really point out anything about his African American heritage for the "two years of the campaign"--the media's words on campaign length, not mine. Then for the rest of last week post election, all CNN, etc. seemed to be able to focus on was his blackness. I had hoped that we were getting past that, but I guess, sadly, I was mistaken). So...


There's a room where the light won't find you
Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down
When they do I'll be right behind you
So glad we've almost made it
So sad they had to fade it
Everybody wants to rule the world

No comments: