Friday, May 29, 2009

And I feel, so much depends on the weather

The rains, they come early this year....

Even though hurricane season does not officially start until June 1, apparently, the rains that typically come with it have already arrived this week (and I think last week too). We had our daily, afternoon rain shower blow throw every day this week, and today was no exception.

These daily storms are rather pesky to me, as I try to swim in the afternoon and the majority of pools around here are outdoors and close when there is lightning (and sometimes just thunder) in the area. So, the rain tends to vex me, particularly when it stays after 5 p.m. (The storms usually blow in just after noon, and stay a few hours.)

Today was particularly vexing, as it was not really raining at work, but as I drove closer and closer to the pool, the rain got worse and worse. It was even to the point that as I got closer, lightning started to happen.

So, when I was about a mile away from the pool, and after a flash of lightning, I turned toward home instead assuming the pool was going to be closed for the remainder of the day (30 minutes from the last lightning flash, and given that the storm didn't seem to be dissipating yet, there was likely to be a few more flashes).

Hopefully, I'll have better luck tomorrow with getting in to swim. Have a good weekend....


Where ya going to tomorrow?
Where ya going with that mask I found?
And I feel, and I feel, when the dogs begin to smell her
Will she smell alone?

No comments: