Sunday, May 03, 2009

I love this record baby, but I can't see straight anymore

Greetings from Wytheville, Virginia--near the Blue Ridge Mountains in the western part of the state (not to be confused with West Virginia, where I'll be in 2 weeks). I'm here this weekend for a clinic here in Wytheville (pronounced with-ville); selected for its general remoteness.





The town, however, is somewhat surprisingly accessible due its location at the crossroads of Interstate 77 and Interstate 81. That crossing also means there's a stretch of the freeway where one is running north and the other south--on the same part of the road, and in the same direction of the road (apparently called a "wrong-way concurrency").



In any case, I snapped the pictures on the left here this morning in the parking lot of where the clinic is--not a terrible view to have to see daily (particularly with the mist/fog rolling in, and the hill overlooking the valley that it's situated on).

But I must prep to return to Florida: a scenic drive to Roanoke to get to the airport and then flying back south. Oh, and the Lady GaGa song today, due to the fact that during the hour drive from Roanoke to Wytheville, Lady GaGa's 3 (different) songs played--so it seemed fitting to pick one for here. Hasta....



What's going on on the floor?
I love this record baby, but I can't see straight anymore
Keep it cool, what's the name of this club?
I can't remember but it's alright, a-alright
Just dance

No comments: