Sunday, September 06, 2009

I should be so lucky; lucky, lucky, lucky...

Ahh... so recently, two of the five units in my condo association have gone into foreclosure. One, in the hopes that it can be refinanced (although I'm not entirely sure that's the only reason--this owner moved out to save money...); the other, well, he just wants to be gone from the property (and unfortunately, that unit's half the property). Neither has been paying their Association dues, either, and consequently, at least one other members of the Association wants to hire a lawyer to help recoup said losses (particularly since the dues are based on the percentage of the property owned...). I'd be way for this, except, I'm not sure where the money's going to come from to hire said lawyer (i.e. read "Special Assessment" to those of us still paying our Association dues). And to top it off, not enough Association members have opined about what to do... but oh the fun awaiting for that third person to chime in.

This, in some respects, has spurred me to finally apply for the Federal Marking Home Affordable program. I had initially inquired months ago about it, only to be told that I did qualify but my bank was not ready yet for me to apply. But I did remember to check back a few weeks ago, and they are now ready (as am I) and the paperwork was sent in last week.

As luck would have it, I found out Friday that crucial, time-sensitive paperwork is to be sent to my house for a Tuesday delivery. Now, normally, this would be fine, except next week; which is one of the few weeks of the year where I won't be home for the whole week: I move into a hotel on tomorrow morning and stay until a week from today. Now, granted, that hotel won't be terribly far away, as this year's event is here in Fort Lauderdale, but I really don't know if I'll have time to escape the hotel to get back to pick up the awaiting paperwork. Ahh, the fun. (And, bonus points if you deduced that I'm getting to work on Labor Day.)

But it could be worse: I could be out of town instead of in-town, with no hope of getting the paperwork and it most likely getting soaked during some completely normal, South Florida summer afternoon thunderstorm....


I should be so lucky
Lucky, lucky, lucky...

No comments: