Sunday, September 27, 2009

Loneliness, is a place that I know well

I have been abandoned.

Wells Fargo has not called me. In days!

After calling me daily, for two weeks straight, they have suddenly stopped calling. I feel like I've been dumped.

There wasn't even a tapering off. One day, they called twice; the next: none! Not once. Nada. And it's been like 4 days now. Not one message awaiting me when I turn my phone on. Not one unexpected ring from a becoming-more-and-more-familiar number.

I don't know what I did. Sure, I sent in my paperwork the other day, but that couldn't've been it. They were calling me daily, sometimes twice a day; and just leaving a "hello, how are you today, please call us back" message. I, likewise, spoke to them every-other-day for two weeks, and when we spoke they were just calling to leave me a message it seemed. Sure, I never did get to speak to "Jessica" who kept calling me (something about her being a machine). But the nice representative on the phone would ask if I had any questions about the program. See if I didn't understand something somewhere. And they didn't really seem to mind that I didn't have any questions and that I already knew/had heard the message they were providing: they still kept calling. Just to say hello.

I hope I haven't done something wrong. Maybe I should ignore there initial recommendation and start calling them every day. Maybe it's my turn to call daily or twice a day (to those two different numbers). Then they'll call me back every-other-day.

I'll call tomorrow and check.

;)


Days and weeks and months and years
Filling in the time, my dear
Tryin' to find the place where I belong

No comments: