Thursday, October 29, 2009

Come Mr. DJ, song 'pon de replay;
  (Mr. DJ won't you turn the music up)

Following up on my calls from last Friday, I called Wells Fargo today to check and see if the payment I put in the mail last Wednesday (11/21) had been received. It has not. This has me a little concerned: it should not take more than a week for mail to get to Los Angeles from here in Fort Lauderdale.

In talking to the WF rep on the phone, he somewhat indicated that the payment may have been received in L.A. and then forwarded to South Carolina.... Now, I sent the payment in the self-addressed envelope included with my paperwork, which had an address in L.A. I am a bit concerned about this, as the letter accompanying this already-addressed envelope says to mail payments to an address in South Carolina.

So--based on today's call--apparently the envelope didn't have the correct address on it; rather the address in South Carolina listed in the paperwork is the right one. Ah fun.


In other news, my nights this week have been rather occupied:

  • Monday night had a staff meeting (after hours: oh joy);
  • Tuesday was dinner for a friend who's about to move to South Africa;
  • last night (Wednesday) I was supposed to go see the new Michael Jackson movie This Is It, but plans fell through. Instead, I ended up watching the Russian movie Day Watch (which I enjoyed--it's actually the sequel to Night Watch, which I watched over the weekend and very much enjoyed).
  • tonight, I ended up working late, then called WF, and have just purchased the book Night Watch (upon which the aforementioned movies are based). The cool part about my book purchase: I paid $4.23 for the $15 book, via a combination of a 40% off coupon and a $5 reward (thank you Borders Rewards).
  • tomorrow night is when my trip to see This Is It has been rescheduled.

So, all-in-all, a busy week of nights.


Let the bass in the speakers, run through your sneakers
Move both your feet, and rock to the beat

No comments: