Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I was walking along, mindin’ my business, when out of that orange-colored view...

Wham, bam, alakazam I had a reason to be shouting mayday. Unfortunately, it was yesterday, May 2nd, and not May 1. Mais c’est la vie, non?

The set-up: I will be out-of-the-country for most of the back half of this month. I’m headed to Hong Kong for 6 days, am back a 1.5 days, then go to El Salvador for 4 days, back 2 days, then head to Jamaica for 4. Not the best timing, true, but the trip to San Salvador was the last to be placed, and if it doesn’t happen then another month is lost. The weekend prior to all this is Masters Nationals, in which I’m entered.

So at work I’m trying to deal with and prepare for the fact that I will be gone basically for two weeks. And other than a tendency for overloading, I’m ok there (‘cept I just realized that I was counting on the last two weeks of this month to work on a project that I won’t really be able to use). Then I get a call on Tuesday morning...

I’m moving before the end of the month, which really means I’ve got to move before I go to Hong Kong (2 wks from today), which probably means I’m gonna have to skip Masters Nationals, which I’m not really keen about.

About an hour after that I got an email which had an issue blow-up in my face, of my own doing; and later in the evening, I got 3 more hours of daily work to do. Course, by the time that came round, I was already numb. So... I’m now in survival and damage control mode for May: my goal is to survive with the least damage/fallout as possible.

Hopefully things will be better in June. And as I got 5 hours of sleep last night, I’m heading to bed now. Hasta.


I remember a lot about my childhood
I just don't remember it being this orange...



p.s. Court, I’m nowhere close to the person they hired for that job...

[as I post this on Saturday, "Orange-Colored Sky" is actually on...]

No comments: