Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I am not the only cowboy... in this one horse metaphor

So I've been back in Florida for just over 24 hours. My flights, themselves, back from Hong Kong went well--I slept most of the way from H.K. to Chicago (other than watching Hoodwinked) and watched Last Holiday from Chicago to Fort Lauderdale.

Things would have been perfect, save for the circling instead of initially landing at O’Hare and the fact that I had to go through security to get to my second flight--I didn't ask to leave security, the airport forced it on me to do so when we landed at the international terminal and then had to go to the domestic terminal to get my other flight.

Anyways, a kinda cool, coincident thing happened: one of the flight attendants from my H.K.-Chicago flight ended up sitting across the aisle from me on my second flight. And of course I'm generally amazed by the people who insist on attempting to get the biggest bag possible into the overhead bins--check the damn things, people! If you brought all that crap with you in the first place, you can’t be in that much of a hurry.

Anyways, so since arriving back in FL, I:
-watched Donnie Darko (director's cut),
-slept a wee bit (I can’t tell if I’m jet lagged or not),
-had 'brunch',
-swam (yeah!--first time in a week),
-went into work for a bit,
-picked up my mail,
-saw The DaVinci Code--was alright, ‘cept they took out the line about the Caravaggio being on the floor--it's my favorite part! Tom Hanks didn't even bother me as much as I thought he would. Even had audience entertainment, when some guy decided to yell “liar” at the screen when Langdon decided to ponder whether/not Jesus might be human (another fellow audience member responded back with an appropriate, stifling comment--not sure if it was so much because of the noise disturbance or for the content of the yelling. In either case, it just made me realized, if a fiction book threatens your beliefs, how strong are they really?),
-pondered why the -ci in DaVinci is pronounced "chi" and not just "see",
-packed for El Salvador,
-put some more tunes on my computer.

And now, I’m attempting to recharge my iPod (apparently my computer needs to stay awake for it to happen), and I'll head off to bed shortly. Maybe even read some--I'm not progressing through Dracula as rapidly as I would like... (oh well).


Far away from the things that we wish to escape
That led us to think that we are not awake
We are ourselves
Despite ourselves this place gets smaller as the universe swells
We come to terms eventually, eventually, eventually

No comments: