Thursday, May 11, 2006

It's been a hard day's night, I should be sleeping like a log

"...and never did the far-away howling of dogs send such a woeful presage through the night."
-Dracula, p. 231


Well, Masters Nationals started today, and things didn't go so hot... while I did manage to win my age-group (30-34) in the mile, I actually went 10 seconds slower than I did a few months ago and on top of this the guy next to me in my heat beat me by a minute (he's 41, I believe).

Anyways... all-in all not so hot. But on the plus-side, I've got help for heavy-lifting duty on Saturday: my step-dad flew in today for the weekend. (Not to fail to mention that Heidi has been a savior with moving, and most, most helpful :)--I just don't think she should be doing much heavy moving during the meet.)


[btw, rest of the meet was split--> 1/2 slower than February (500 free--1 sec & 400 IM--.5 secs) and 1/2 faster (200 back--4 secs, 200 fly--1 sec); que será, será, I guess... moving on Saturday went alright and all the heavy stuff got done!!! Now if only I hadn't started to fall asleep during lunch on Sunday...]

No comments: