Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fish in the sea, you know how I feel...

I was wondering around YouTube last night, trying to hunt down the Best Song nominee performances from Sunday's Oscars (without much luck since the Academy has pulled most of them), and stumbled upon a Michael Bublé song that I quite like: his rendition of Feeling Good (although I'm partial to the live version over the recorded one--though I do like the Pink Panther reminiscent trumpets at the beginning of the latter).

And the song became somewhat apropos for today, given:

  • the rather cold weather that blew in today (following yesterday's tornado warning here in Fort Lauderdale, and the mass power outage in Florida--that didn't effect FtL),
  • my new suits that arrived in the morning, and
  • that one of the main characters in my book escaped the guillotine today...

Now I just need to start getting ready for the Masters meet I have this weekend in Fort Lauderdale. And wish Casey and Caroline good luck at Big 12s (which start tomorrow).

Breeze driftin' on by, you know how I feel
It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

No comments: