Sunday, February 24, 2008

So when all you've got are sleepless nights

On Friday while at work, for some reason I got Whitney Houston's I Learned from the Best stuck in my head. I've not heard the song in a few years, and at that time I didn't have it on my iPod, so of course it floated around in my head the rest of the day...

which naturally led me to put it on my iPod that night ;)


As for the rest of the weekend, it went well. I didn't have anything planned or to do, so just kinda bummed around the whole time. On Saturday, I managed to pick up a new lock set for my front door and stumbled upon a Texas watch (pic above).

Today, I set about installing the locks, and other than some minor glitches which I worked around (like the back of the new dead-bolt being bigger than the hole), got them installed (hence the different color on the dead bolt on top). After the installation, I read some of A Tale of Two Cities (which Erin probably thinks I should be finished by now, but I'm not--I did get to the part where they're sharpening the guillotine, thought); and this evening I checked out the movie Jumper...

And now I'm not watching the Oscars, which I'm partially wondering why I'm not... but am just not. I should be headed to bed, in any case, so I can try to swim in the morning (I did managed to wake up for 3 mornings last week: woo-hoo!--if waking up earlier in the morning can be something to celebrate?).

And so you know the way it feels to cry
The way that I cried when you broke my world in two
Baby, I learned the way to break a heart
I learned from the best
I learned from you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) It just took me two weeks to finish a young adult fantasy book (Inkheart, btw, in advance of the cool-looking movie). I won't gripe about Dickens!

2) Didn't watch Oscars, and I don't know why either. I even usually go to (or host) watching parties. Odd... I vote we blame it on the strike and Brangelina.