Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I've got a life, though it refuses to shine (got a life)

I survived through my Masters meet this weekend with relative ease compared to the Monday that I had. Yesterday just did not got super well. It started off with me dreaming up about waking up late, which lead me to get up 15 minutes early and then proceed to leave my house 15 minutes late. That got me to work a wee bit late. And then there was work, itself, which was just hectic/crazy... even for a Monday. Work was followed by a mentally challenging swim practice, and interspersed throughout the day was my headset not really working and trying to highjack my cell phone (it called the same person twice while I was talking to them... so I had 3 calls connected to them at the same time--which I didn't even realize my phone could do).

Anyways, as for the meet, it went alright. Results are here (be sure to check out the "super duper cool" Vanessa's results as well--her description).... As for times, they were:

Friday
-400 IM: 4:31.99
-200 free (800 Free Relay split): 1:54.60

Saturday
-100 free: 51.46 (out in 25.45, so disappointedly, no negative split)
-50 back (relay): 26.08
-50 free (relay): 23.86
-500 free: 4:59.51 (Casey went 4:49 at Big 12s--good goal time...)

Sunday
-200 IM: 2:02.18 (wow did the end hurt--have I mentioned I don't like the 2IM all that much?)
-50 free (relay): 22.94 (not sure where that came from, other than I had a race--and yes, I touched him out by .01 )
-200 free: 1:51.86 (56.04/55.82--yes)
-50 back (relay): 26.52
-1650 free: 17:02.76 (about where expected... and much more even than last year--which is a good thing. Casey= 16:26...)

So, I was a wee bit slower than a few weeks ago in Clearwater... I guess that's ok. And thankfully, today was much easier than yesterday.

Oh, and did I mention that I didn't make it to swim in the morning and Danielle did yesterday? (But she made up for it by missing this morning ;)

I've got a life
It ain't over, it ain't over (got a life)
I've got a way
It's the only thing that's mine (got a way)

No comments: