Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Daylight licked me into shape, I must've been asleep for days

I continue making my way through The Blind Assassin, and as such,

  • and because I stayed up way to late last night (I went to bed around 2 a.m.)
  • and because I head off to Grand Cayman on Friday and have prep work to do (I did find my passport)
  • and because I'm going to miss the Cure in concert on Friday night (so I won't get to hear if they play today's song)
  • and because, more importantly, I'll be missing Eddie Izzard performing Friday and Saturday in Miami (dagnabit!)
I will be brief today, and leave you with a quote from my book. Enjoy...
(I also have Meet the Spartans to watch, as well as some more stuff to do on Wikipedia...)

"Now he's on the windowsill outside, now he's in the room. The flowers of the chestnut tree flare up: by their white light she can see his face, the skin greyish, half-toned; two-dimensional, like a photograph, but smudged. There's a smell of burning bacon. He isn't looking at her, not at her exactly; it's as if she is her own shadow and he's looking at that. At where her eyes would be if her shadow could see."
-The Blind Assassin, p.468



"Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick
The one that makes me scream," she said
"The one that makes me laugh," she said
And threw her arms around my neck

No comments: