Saturday, June 07, 2008

Remember: listen as your day unfolds

Today was a day where Des'ree's You Gotta Be seems an apt description. I just kinda did today (which seems a good thing for 06-07-08).

I swam (early!) this morning, then hung out at the pool for a wee bit through the later workout (there's 2 practices--7 and 9--on Saturday morning). Then, after grabbing some breakfast, I took a nap and read The Blind Assassin, instead of watching Volver--I've actually been attempting to watch the film for most of the week, and haven't gotten to it (maybe tomorrow?). Toward the end of the afternoon, I went to see Kung Fu Panda with a friend, and then had dinner and read some more. Terribly exciting, I know.

It's probably for the best that this weekend not be too eventful, as the next 3 are occupied: next weekend I'm off to Grand Cayman for a 1-mile swim (assuming I find where I've inadvertently misplaced stashed my passport), then helping at a swim meet, and then swimming in a meet (which I need to enter...). On the plus side, last night at practice, I got to do some long course 100s on 1:20, which was cathartic as well as a good place on which to build on.


Listen as your day unfolds
Challenge what the future holds
Try to keep your head up to the sky...

No comments: