Thursday, June 05, 2008

A man makes a car, and builds a road to run them on

Well, I am back from California. The trip went fairly well, other than a wee bit hectic.

My week since returning on Monday afternoon has been a little crazy, as well. And today my new car is now 2 weeks old: I've gone about 370 miles, and haven't gotten gas yet (though I will probably get some tomorrow--the tank is a bit low).

Oh, and in honor of my car being 2 weeks old, I had my first official South Florida driver experience: a car behind me decided I was apparently missing too many chances to cross 3 lanes of busy traffic from a side street, just to hover out in the middle waiting for traffic to open in the other direction. So what did she do? (yes, emphasis on the "she" part for today) Why, she decided to pull up next to me, into the lane for the other direction of traffic and go at the same time as me (actually trying to go before me). Wasn't that nice? (Black Nissan Altima owners, she was making you look bad.)

Even better: she stayed with me for the next 5-10 minutes, as traffic and further lights didn't allow her to get anywhere away from me. That made me feel better.


And these are the days when our work has come asunder
And these are the days when we look for something other

No comments: