Thursday, November 19, 2009

Keep away from a runaround Sue

In the mail Tuesday, I received from citi a notice that they're raising the interest rate on one of my cards to 23%--up from 18%. I was a tad shocked at this, not only because the 18% APR was bad, but also that they were raising it. (It really doesn't help that I have a balance on the card in question that I'm trying to pay down, as well.)

So, after this fun news, yesterday via email citi sends me an email boasting of the great built-in benefits this card (now?) comes with. Unfortunately, a decent APR is not one of those benefits; nor is the ability to invest savings money at anything close to said 23%....

To top it off, today, citi sent me a survey where one of the questions asked was along the lines of "what one thing would you like to see not currently associated with your card?" I said a 7% APR--I wonder if I'll get it....

I should of known it from the very start
This girl'll leave you with a broken heart
A-listing people, what I'm telling you
A-keep away from a runaround Sue

No comments: