Sunday, November 29, 2009

Money talks, money talks;
  Dirty cash I want you, dirty cash I need you, oh...

I should be preparing to return to work tomorrow, but I'm just not yet ready for that.

I have returned from my Thanksgiving weekend refreshed, but far from really ready for it to be over. Alas, the weekend can't be extended neither for the good time had, nor to hear the remainder of the Radio 1 countdown still to air on the satellite radio in my friend's car.

One of the pleasant things to come from this weekend: I have finally tracked down a long-lost song of mine, Dirty Cash by Stevie V. I had a vague recollection of the song, and occasionally the chorus of the song would float through my head. And due to the lack of being able to either locate the song itself, a reference to it, or someone else who knew what I was talking about; I had begun to think the song really didn't exist--that I'd dreamt it up or something. 'Course, the fact that I thought the song was called "Money Talks" did nothing really to help me to find it.

What did assist me in finally tracking in down, however, is a song currently on the British charts (by the interestingly named Dizzee Rascal) that samples the song and borrows its name. This led me to find it.

Having found it iTunes even makes worthwhile hearing Miley Cyrus's Party in the USA every time we were in the car this weekend....

Money talks, money talks
Dirty cash I want you
Dirty cash I need you, oh

No comments: