Sunday, December 06, 2009

Things that make you go hmmm

Sometime last month, I received a rather strange catalog in the mail: the Holiday catalog from Heifer International.

I had never heard of the company before, but like most pieces of junk mail, I brought it inside and left it to sit on the floor for a bit. A few days later, in glancing around, I recognized that there was a picture of a sheep on the cover. Given my liking of throwing sheep on Facebook, I decided to flip through the catalog.

To my surprise, the catalog was to buy animals to give to other parts of the world. Sheeps, goats, pigs, chicks, and even heifers, were available for purchase--among other things.

This just perplexed me. Not only because I wonder how/where they got my mailing address, but that there's even an organization that exists to do such a thing.


It's those things that make you go hmmm
Things that make you go hmmm, yeah

No comments: