Thursday, January 05, 2006

Field + fountain, moor + mountain


Following yonder star...?
[those alt lyrics are nice...]

So I'm wandering through Target the other day, scoping out the post-holiday clearance items, and what do I find--other than a LSA cool-blue vase--but Jones' Soda holiday packs. For those that don't know, the five sodas within the pack comprise a holiday meal, with a bottle of turkey & gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and... ¿brussels sprouts with prosciutto?! I was intrigued, but not enough--and a little scared by that last one.

Also, these flavors where a little too daring for me; normally about the furthest I stray from my trustee Dr Pepper is an occasional orange cream soda (preferably Stewart's). The Creamsicle-flavored coke is about as far as I want to go. I tried a Jones Key Lime Pie a few years ago, and that was alright... but just not what I'm really looking for in a soda (it probably didn't help that I'm not much of a Key Lime fan to begin with).

The holiday dinner was just too much for me all alone. Such a shame I missed the crewÜ sampling... maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To give the Jones folks credit, it really did taste like you had eaten a pecan pie after drinking that one. But turkey soda? Nas-ty!

The big question though --- are you supposed to drink them cold or at room temp? The debate continues...

Matt said...

fowl?