Monday, January 02, 2006

10 lords a leaping, 9 ladies dancing...

Happy New Year!

Well, my weekend went ok... I ended up ringing in the new year by watching a few movies, and even found Eddie Izzard's "Circle" to rent, which was quite good.

And I'm beginning to wonder if the only way one can see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is next to people who talk... I saw it for a second time yesterday, and was again fortunate enough to sit in the same row as not only an infant, but also someone who apparently thinks it's ok to take phone calls during the movie.

When I saw HP4 the first time, in my row was a mother with 3 kids (an infant, and two 4-8 year olds) who had about three phone calls during the movie. The irony was that I could barely hear the mom on those calls, as she did a good job of whispering them. Now granted, the ringing was a bit annoying, but not anywhere near as much as the 10 "tweenies" seated behind me, who after the second phone call decided to talk amongst themselves about how rude it was to not only have your phone on during a movie, but also to talk during the movie (course the "stylishly" dressed girls completely were clueless to the fact that they were making way-more noise than the mother on the phone).

This second time around, however, the chatter was confined to the parents and their infant. Not only did dad answer the phone, he then proceeded to not quite whisper quietly enough and then handed the phone over to his wife, who did likewise. Then, just to make it fun, their baby decided to start crying... ah such joys. I did take some solace in the fact that both parent ended up leaving the theater because the baby was crying--mom left when the baby started wailing, and dad followed about 10 minutes later when she didn't return. The second half of the movie was uninterrupted.

I kinda feel bad that they had to leave because of the baby's crying; I'm glad they did, but do feel bummed for them. But about the phone, I've no remorse.

No comments: