Monday, July 24, 2006

Watchin' our every move, hope some day they might approve...

The wait for loan approval continues, and it sucks. My closing date is a week from today, and hopefully, hopefully (hopefully), things will work out. And hopefully I won't have to provide the bank with a detailed account of every waking second of my life for the past 2 months, as well. We're getting closer, but still not quite there. And I've not even met them! (Hmmmm, maybe I should--I'll have to ask my loan dude about that.)

The weekend went alright. It started on Friday just after work with a dash over to my loan dude (not to be confused with the Dude), to pick up some paperwork, and get a status report. The paperwork necessitated a mad dash to the bank, at which I arrived at 6:03 p.m. The worker standing behind the counter, on the other side of the locked outside door, moving his finger across his next in a cutting fashion, pointlessly re-iterated to me that they closed 3 minutes before. So, after that I went at vegged at home for about an hour before heading out to see Clerks II (which was good & funny, in the Kevin-Smith, try to be gross funny, that is it; and so not a movie for kids, really).

Saturday and Sunday I woke up way-too early (for a weekend) to go help out at a swim meet here in town. I got to learn how to use a Colorado Timing System (ooooh, aaahhh, I can hear you saying now), which almost made up for the fact that I was told to be there 30 minutes earlier than I probably needed to be. After the morning session of the meet each day, I was free. Saturday, I went into work for 4 hours to clean up some stuff. (Do you know that the College of DuPage uses the acronym C.O.D.; which I find amusing both for its cash-on-deliver meaning and its fishie variant--particularly since I was looking for swimming team information?)

I also went on a fruitless trip to a mall, went on a much more productive but tag-along trip to another mall, ditched out of a third (semi-pre-planned trip) to a third mall (cause I was too tired), and got to have a Sydney's Sinful Sundae at Outback on Saturday night (and some nice hang-out, cool, dinner conversation). Oh, and I caught Psych on Friday (he grew up in San Antonio too), Fallen and the 4400 on Sunday night (somewhat impressive, given they were on at the same time). So all-in-all, a good weekend.

Oh, and from last Wednesday, Vincent should have been "auf'd" (but I'm not terribly upset that Malan got the boot instead, tho I don't understand why they can't all just get along!).

All they seem to do
Is be checking up on you, baby (baby)

(Craig David)
Watching our every move
Think someday they might approve, maybe (maybe)

No comments: