Monday, July 31, 2006

It's mine, mine all mine...

After signing my full name onto a whole bunch of papers, and being once again overwhelmed with all the information going by me, I was handed a set of keys, a booklet full of legal paperwork, a $50 check, and a condo was mine! Now, my realtor and loan office might say I stole it, but I'm still having difficulty with the fact that I just paid like $50K for a 1+1 condo than a 4+2 house back in Texas... but hey, apparently I'm in Florida, and people really want to live here.

Not to take away from the fact that I now own my own home (and the 30 years of payments that go with it). I have a whole bunch of freedom to do what I want... I just gotta move into it. My goal at the moment is to be moved over in 3 weeks. Now that I'm closed (yeah!), I'll get to plotting/planning my move. That, and I've got a whole bunch of addresses to change.

For now though, I think I've still not gotten used to the idea that I owe the place, nor that my loan officer isn't going to call/email me wanting to know what some withdrawal was last month and wanting some kind of documentation for it.


And I walk right through the door,
Walk right through the door.
Hey all right! If I get by, it's mine.
Mine all mine!

2 comments:

jarret said...

YEAH HOOP!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

What a step :-)

mph