Sunday, September 10, 2006

And the daffodils look lovely today...

So I have survived a week in D.C. for work, all within the confines of a mid-renovation Hyatt Crystal City. Nothing really too shocking happened, really. Actually, probably the most unexpected part of the week was the water dripping down through the shower light fixture (presumable from the shower above) earlier this morning. That, and other indicators, lead me to believe that Hyatt might not be getting the renovation they are hoping for...

As for the rest of the morning, the class I taught well, other than running over 40 minutes. The week was good too in that I got to see a lot of old friends and acquaintances and catch-up a bit with them. I also found out that one of my favorite pools--in The Woodlands (Texas)--is scheduled to be demolished in 2008. I was bummed to find that out, but I also makes we want to go to next summer’s Master’s Nationals (which are there) even more so. Hopefully things will work out to allow me to be there.

Otherwise, I can really only report a few things:

  • my flight from Pittsburg to Fort Lauderdale (yes, Pittsburg is in in-route from D.C. to Ft.L), that I’m on at the moment, has enough Steelers fans on it to make me think they’re playing the Dolphins tomorrow.
  • the Horns lost (badly) to Ohio State yesterday
  • I don’t understand why airlines section passengers off into zones, and put seemingly 50% of the cabin in the last of 12 “zones” so that tons of people are still boarding at the same time—I guess the purpose really isn’t to get passengers on the plane any faster (Why would they want to do that? I only left D.C. 25 minutes late after all...)

And now, time to prepare to catch up with Mom (she’s visiting for a day/so), and get set for Dearborn, Michigan, which I leave for on Tuesday...

Oh, and in Inferno, I'm currently in Circle 3 of Hell (it's actually much easier to read than Paradise Lost)

p.s. KC--lament is a good word to know...


I have decided to leave you forever
I have decided to start things from here
Thunder and lightning won't change what I'm feeling
And the daffodils look lovely today...

No comments: