Thursday, September 28, 2006

It was just, one of those things; just one of those crazy flings

For reasons of which I'm not quite sure, yesterday afternoon I entered a 10K swim on Saturday morning down off Virginia Key (between South Beach and Key Biscayne just off Miami). I'm not exactly sure why I've signed up for that distance, particularly since there was a much more plausible 5K option, or the mental stop-gap that allowed me to do so, or the fact that I've not ducked out of it yet. In any case, I didn't have any terrible qualms about entering it when I did so, it just seemed like another viable option.

It wasn't until about 30 minutes later that I began to wonder about it. And I figure I'll still be wondering come Saturday morning. Course, given that the race starts at like 7:30 a.m., I may not really be awake yet. Maybe I wasn't really when I signed up?

In any case, I hope to just have fun and be done in about 2.5 hours... we'll see.

At least I've already hit my 100 post to the blog since within its first year. This is actually post 101, which probably should have a Depeche Mode song in the subject, but doesn't. Instead, I went with Just One of Those Things, good Cole Porter tune (which I believe you can hear him sing if you click on the link), to continue the carry on the traditional song trend from last time (although no Sleepless in Seattle/Las Vegas connection this time, unlike Stardust). No, today's choice had more to do with the words "crazy" (the aforemention entrance into a 10,000m swim) and "gossamer" (below--I just like that it's include in the song)...

Anyways, I should jet off, fabulous flight to attend to, et al.

It was just one of those nights
Just one of those fabulous flights
A trip to the moon on gossamer wings
Just one of those things

No comments: