Saturday, September 23, 2006

And now the purple dusk of twilight time, steals across the meadow of my heart...

Greetings from the Pacific Northwest.... At the moment, I sit in SeaTac, at the Seattle-Tacoma Airport, awaiting my flight back to Fort Lauderdale. I’m headed on an overnight flight back, so that my flight eats up the whole night time, instead of all day tomorrow (I leave just before 8 p.m. Pacific, and get in to Laudy at just after 6 a.m. Eastern).

I went with the overnight flight, because when I flew back to Florida from here before, I ended up spending all day on the plane: I left at 7 a.m. and landed at 7 p.m.--not a terribly fun way to spend a Sunday.


Anyways, I was on the West Coast this weekend to teach a course at a clinic here in Tacoma, as well as man a sales booth. Overall things went well. The course I taught yesterday afternoon/evening went smoothly, with about 20 people in it and a volleyball game just outside the room for only the last hour/so. Weather was nice and cool (like 70s, I believe). And I even managed to find an open UPS Store without too much driving around, and just a few blocks from UPS (the University of Puget Sound--the Loggers were the ones playing volleyball). All in the biggest compact car I ever recall renting, a Hyundai Tucson (above left).

But now my flight awaits... headed to Vegas again. Hopefully I’ll have more than 30 minutes between flights, and might be able to get some food this time--but I’m not gonna hold my breath. On my way out here on Thursday, my layover got shortened due to a delayed arrival (second time in a row for that to happen on US Airways...), and then all the food lines were long. Plenty of spaces at the airport slot machines, just not at any of the restaurants. Maybe my later-in-the-day layover time will make things better. Guess I’ll see.

Sometimes I wonder why I spend
The lonely night dreaming of a song
The melody haunts my reverie
And I am once again with you
When our love was new
And each kiss an inspiration
But that was long ago
Now my consolation
Is in the stardust of a song

No comments: