Sunday, September 17, 2006

I bet you wonder how I knew, about your plans to make me blue...

I returned from Dearborn (Michigan) early this afternoon to a flat tire on my car. Not a terrible surprise, given that I know there's a screw in the tire (from the re-roofing that just finished up at my place last week) and that I had to put air into in when I last drove it--2 weeks ago. But it still sucked to have to put the spare on today. And it also means that I'll be headed to get my tires replace (which they need, due to basically non-existent tread) sometime this week before I head out to Tacoma, Washington, Thursday morning.

The week in Michigan went well: weather was nice, got to hang out/see some old friends, woke up just before 5 a.m. each morning, ate of Fuddruckers (which have closed here in Ft.L that I'm aware of), and saw The Black Dahlia (which is good, if a bit strange--the film noire motif lends itself to that; and also independent of Josh Hartnett's gratuitous butt-shot).

Sadly, my hotel, once again!, did not have Bravo, and I consequently missed getting to celebrate Vicent's auf'ing with Erin during the show (via text)... I even missed the reruns earlier today (so at the moment I'm trying to download them from iTunes, so I can watch them later). I also didn't really read much of Inferno (Dante's was stuck with the greedy and lustful of Circle 4 most of the week).

And the big question: will I get my tires replaced tomorrow or Thursday... hmmm. Will find out tomorrow, I guess.


Don't you know that I heard it through the grapevine
Not much longer would you be mine
Ooh-ooh, I heard it through the grapevine,
And I'm just about to lose my mind,
Honey, honey yeah

No comments: