Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I don't wanna wait in vain...

So, the current recommendation, I believe, is to get to the airport 3 hours ahead of your flight to begin the check-in process. I'm ok with that. Ususally, this just means bumming around the airport for a few hours.

What I tend to have problems with is things like what's happening now: I'm here just over 2 hours before my flight, and the ticket counter isn't open yet. Thanks to the wonderss of self check-in, I'm checked in for my flight and now await someone to hand me my baggage tag so that I can drop off my checked bag at security. Ah, such fun...

Why do they make these pesky recommendations of showing up early, and then don't have/force the airlines to actually make accommodations to be prepared for us people who actually do what they say!

(Oh, and I'm on my way to Dearborn, Michigan, for the USA Swimming Convention.)


So dont treat me like a puppet on a string
Because I know how to do my thing
Dont talk to me as if you think Im dumb
I wanna know when youre gotta come,you see

I dont wanna wait in a vain for your love

No comments: