Wednesday, May 02, 2007

But all I can see is red, red, red, red now... what am I gonna do

Mayday, May Day, mayday... well, actually, May Day was yesterday, not today.

Anyways.... I wish I could spout off about how great my new fridge is, but I can't. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but didn't make it. Apparently it arrived damaged to the local distribution warehouse, so they didn't load it on the truck in the morning (which indicates a good thing: that they care about the product they deliver to me). Instead they called me (after I was already at work with my phone off) telling me it was not coming (which I found out as I was driving home to wait for it) and asking me to call to reschedule (the day as a whole by this point wasn't going too spectacularly, despite me find a lucky penny that morning--this just kinda added to things). At least I didn't make it all the way home before getting the message.

This minor fiasco did allow me to not miss the afternoon at work, which was good in that I had fiascoes things to address at the office. Surprisingly, the re-scheduling, itself, wasn't too frustrating. More irksome is that I don't really have any control over the delivery time, which specifically contradicts what the salesman told me over the weekend.

I left my phone on all day Monday, awaiting the scheduling call that never came--I did apparently win some contest, though I'm not quite sure what I won as the machine calling my phone was speaking Spanish and I really only made out "ganador" before hanging up. I turned off my phone around 5:45 p.m., as I was getting ready to swim. When I got out of practice--actually right before I took Monday's pic--I had a message from them, telling me when my delivery time was.

They called back earlier today--right as I was leaving the office (5:10'ish?), and told me when my deliver time was. The irksome part for me isn't that they are forcing the delivery time, it's that they told me I'd be able to pick the time, and I don't. The choice I got today was "pick this delivery time today, or another delivery day; you will not get a different delivery time." That's the part that bothers me.

This did give more days to clean out my fridge, which is good... particularly since Monday night's leftovers were just recently added (dinner on Monday night at the Cheesecake Factory was good :).

But there's solace a bit in submitting
To the fitfully, cryptically true
What's happened, has happened
What's coming is already on its way
With a role for me to play
And I don't understand, I never understand, but I'll trying to understand
There's nothing else I can do

No comments: