Friday, May 04, 2007

Spiderman, Spider-Man, friendly, neighborhood, Spiderman

Spider-Man 3 opened today. Alas, I had to ditch-out on Jarret and not see it with him tonight. Instead, I was in POMP-a-no, swimming the first night of a Masters meet.

I guess it's a good thing that I'm not really wanting to swim all that terribly focused at the meet this weekend, because it was a little crazy tonight. There was a minor glitch with the timing/meet management system, which I volunteered to try and help with. I'm not terribly sure how much I helped, but the meet did get through its 3 events tonight (the 1000 free, 400 IM and 800 free relay). And, more importantly, I survived my 400 IM (swimming next to Biggie Lohberg) and two 200 frees (anchoring a men's relay, then leading off a mixed relay).

All-in-all, not so terrible, but it would have been nice if I'd warmed up or the water had been cool or if the lockerroom weren't like an oven (there's no ventilation in the back 3/4ths of the space--where the showers are--so it's a not-very-big concrete heat & humidity trap--I can't wait for tomorrow, when we're there during the day...).

Anyways, I should head to bed, so I can be well rested for tomorrow. But before I go, I will point out that my favorite 2 versions of the Spiderman theme are the Michael Bublé version and the violinist in Chinatown (both from the second movie, I believe)... hasta

Is he strong? Listen, bud
He's got radioactive blood

No comments: