Friday, May 25, 2007

Ha ha ha, bless your soul, you really think you're in control?

Well, I guess fittingly, this week has turned a little crazy. Monday and Tuesday were fairly normal. On Tuesday, I spent most of the day, off-and-on, trying to use the word berserk in stuff I was writing, only to avoid it because I couldn't recall how to spell it (at least until I figured it out later in the evening).

Also pesky on Tuesday, I found/realized that I got beat--in my Masters age group--last weekend by .01 in the 200 back by a guy I beat in Houston back in March, and may have been beaten in another event by that amount to. (But, somewhat thankfully, my 50 back time did get beat by 2 people: I don't know if the distance swimmer in me could've handled being rank #1 in the 50 back and the 1650 free... tho it would've been cool.)

Wednesday, I turned my phone on post-practice to a message from my friend Tammy telling me she and another friend (Sarah) were in Fort Myers for the weekend, and decided to come over to visit for the evening (read: crash dinner plans). Post dinner, the three of us hung out for a wee bit, which got me to bed late.

Then last night, a bunch of us went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (except for FLIan, who ditched us to see Shrek 3--bah!). I quite enjoyed Pirates 3, much more so than the second one, actually (and Keira Knightley looked nice as well...). But in order to see it last night, it required dashing from the pool in order to get to the theater on time (which paid off, because the first preview was for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix).

But getting home from the movie just after 11 caused me to get to sleep past midnight again, which led into today, and the start of the meet I'll be volunteering at this weekend... it's just kinda gone rather quickly. And on top of that, I've barely gotten any reading in (necessitating more "Crazy" songs... although I now have today's Gnarls Barkley version stuck in my head: tho I like that the video looks like a Rorschach inkblot; they sounded good live on Letterman as well...).

Anyways, I'll will hopefully get a good night sleep tonight, since I won't be sleeping in too late on Sunday... so I will say hasta and head to bed.

There was something so pleasant about that place
Even your emotions had an echo
In so much space

No comments: