Saturday, May 12, 2007

I want the Frim-Fram Sauce with the aussen-fay and sha-fafa on the side...

<--The scene of the crime, so to speak... (also known as the parking lot of the pool). And actually, it was pretty vacant when I took this pic this morning (although there is a car double parked, per norm).

And last night, post-movie, I found out what's stored in the "P.O.D.S." (Portable On-Demand Storage) container (in the middle back of the pic) that has been occupying a parking space for over a year now. The container is home to a beach-patrol vehicle (very golf cart-esque) that city officials use to patrol the beach area; which is way different than the overflow storage for which I thought it was being used. (It also makes me wonder why a parking space isn't used...)

My weekend has stumbled into a very social--and rather packed--one. Post-practice last night (I found a spot :) Keith, Heather & I (both Masters swimmers as well) went to go see Spiderman 3 (the pre-mentioned movie). I'm not a terribly big fan of the movie series, but did still enjoy it, despite 3's lack of a violin-version of the theme.

As for today, I swam this morning (7-9) pre-Masters practice, then hung around to help out with the Masters practice (9-10). Sometime in the noon-hour I'll head back to the pool to help out/watch the FINA Diving Grand Prix stop that's in town this weekend (a fellow Longhorn, Laura Wilkinson--who was on the team while I was at Texas--is diving platform synchro today). The diving's from 1-4. Then I'm headed to the International Swimming Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony tonight, beginning at 6.

Tomorrow, after sleeping in (hopefully), I've got an local Masters awards banquet starting at 1 p.m., to occupy my Mother's Day away from Mom. Maybe I'll be able to squeeze in watching The Black Dahlia, which I have from NetFlix at the moment...

Frim-Fram Sauce

But, in any case, I need to jet and get back to the pool... so hasta.

No comments: