Saturday, May 05, 2007

No se puede vivir con tanto veneno

A little Shakira for Cinco de Mayo
(although I like today's song, No, more for its guitar rift than the lyrics, but speaking of venom...)


As I was driving around today after the Masters meet up in Pompano (the picture above is of some of the participants hanging around in the shade on deck), I ran into road stoppages due to the Air & Sea Show--I'd call it a "closure" but the roads weren't actually closed.

So I was driving home from eating, post-meet, when I came up to the traffic scene at right. This light is about 3 blocks from my condo, and today I got to sit at the depicted spot for 20 minutes, waiting for FLPD to allow the light to cycle again. Twenty (which is why I had enough time to snap the pic). I could've walked home from there in the time I waited, and I was tempted to do so. Just leave the car parked in the middle of the street... it was right near the grocery store too.

But I didn't (I did get out of my car and stand with the door open for awhile), and the light was finally switched to green and I got home.

As for the meet, it went alright. I purposely entered all the 50s, which I typically avoid due to my lack of sprint ability, so I'm not really sure how I did (fly=2480, bk=2623, br=3035, fr=2402). Added to this was I assisted with timing again, which distracted from warming up and down a ton, but that was alright too... I do know that my free was faster than my fly (but my fly was probably too close to my free--my free should be faster), my back was faster than my split from Houston a month/so ago (good), and I'm a little bummed I didn't break 30 seconds in the breast (but can live with it). And on top of it all, I won high point for my age group and got a nice towel with the Hammerheads (the host team) logo embroidered on it. I might eventually get a towel from my own club one day to match (maybe if I start using the Hammerheads one at practice ).

Anyways, I will sign off here: I've got some more Arrested Development to watch and am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning, so... hasta

No se puede vivir con tanto veneno
No se puede dedicar el alma
A acumular intentos
Pesa más la rabia que el cemento

1 comment:

jarret said...

OOOOH You sooooo fast!!