Monday, October 15, 2007

How can you stop, the sun from shining? What makes the world go 'round

Well, my weekend was fairly uneventful. Other than...

  • seeing a guy driving a Vespa sending a text message,
  • having the Bee Gees' How Can You Mend a Broken Heart stuck in my head, (which led me to...)
  • editing the Bee Gees record on LyricWiki (actually reformatting most of it),
  • getting my oil change and having it only cost $130 (yes, it's a lot, but it wasn't just an oil change and given that at least two of the last "oil changes" I've gotten have led to around $1,000 in repairs, it was a relief),
  • getting caught up on some work, and
  • attempting to get some of my friends to go see Elizabeth: The Golden Age on both Saturday and Sunday, and eventually going by myself.

So I guess it was uneventful--nor "fairly" about it--but restful.... Topping it off, I've not yet mailed my mom her birthday card/present, and her birthday is tomorrow (bad son that I am... course I can't mail part of it--not sure how/when that will get to her :-/ ). Oh, but I am now, officially, halfway through C&P: hopefully the second half will go by faster... hasta


And...
How can you mend a broken heart?
How can you stop the rain from falling down?
How can you stop, the sun from shining?
What makes the world go 'round?

1 comment:

char-day said...

you've been reading that book forever. aren't you a speed reader?
& i made a new blog.
www.chardayswims.blogspot.com
happy?