Sunday, October 07, 2007

Tomorrow will be too late, it's now or never

It is late, Elvis is still stuck in my head (It's Now Or Never, today), I've got The Matador to watch, and the Horns lost to OU yesterday, so... I'll be brief.

On Friday, I saw on Yahoo that the "Canyon Lake Gorge" is set to open to the public for the first time since its formation in 2002 (The AP item even ran the Joe Mitchell picture at right).

The gorge was formed in the matter of a few weeks, due to an overflow of Canyon Lake cause by heavy rains/flooding in the South Texas that year (the "Great Flood of 2002", I believe is how the local news posted it at the time--to over-stress the importance of it). This was during a time when the rest of the country was having a drought and/or heat way, so the national news was dominated with all this talk about a lack of water, meanwhile, down in San Antonio/Austin way, we were dealing with a lake overflowing around the dam (luckily, the dam didn't break, the water just went around it).

Anyways, pretty cool. More information on the Gorge is available here.

It's now or never, come hold me tight
Kiss me my darling, be mine tonight
Tomorrow will be too late
It's now or never, my love won't wait

No comments: